Why & when are fines and fees charged? How do I avoid fines?
256 views |
Last updated on Aug 29, 2018
The Unitec Library fines policy for overdue items is in place to encourage borrowers to return items on time, allowing library material to be kept in circulation and available to all borrowers.
Tips for avoiding fines
More about fines and fees...
- Bring items back by due date/time – All items that are returned late will incur a fine.
- Return recalled items back by the due date specified in recall notice – overdue recalled items will result in fines.
- Check your email regularly for reminders from the Library - Overdue & recall notices are always sent to the ‘preferred’ email address in your Unitec record.
- For overdue reminders and recall notices to be sent via text to your mobile phone. Keep your contact details accurate. Log into Unitec MyPortal and go to Student Self-Service to check your personal contact details in your Unitec record are correct - if any of your contact details have changed you need to update them within the Student Self-Service portal.
- Don't allow others to borrow on your account, nor ask others to return items for you. You are liable for all fines and fees incurred on borrowed items.